goodbye seattle

IMG_2560.JPGLooking back…

…makes me smile and hurts quite a bit.

Well the feeling of the move is still fresh – roots are exposed. Unfortunately the move was quite a rush. Life changes rapidly right now. It’s fun and pain to leave our Seattle home. That probably means everything is good. Seattle will always be a home to me.


One of the first things I missed once I left Seattle were our friends in Seattle. In four years I could not find a good way to handle the time difference between Seattle and Germany (my German friends living in the future), because they would work when I got up in the morning and they would be already sleeping when I got home. Tough to stay in touch. Now that I moved back the game stays the same to keep in touch with my favorite Seattleites. Hi my dearest friends hope to get in touch soon.


Second thing that dawned on me was that something on the horizon was missing in Dresden. I was looking for our friend “Reiner” (nickname - pronounced like the german first name) that’s what we called the local volcano Mt.Rainier.

IMG_3317.JPG

Living in Seattle means whenever you get a chance to get a glimpse of him you would spend a minute mesmerizing. Herewith I honor the mountain ;)

Last but not least we left behind our dearest early morning friends - hummingbirds - that would share breakfast with us at the window. And most importantly I like to hug and thank all my friends and colleagues in Seattle. I really do miss you – it has been a wonderful time! Thanks to the Reh lab (Anna, Brian, Byron, Branden, Cat, Christa, Christina, Deepak, Drew, Joe, Jule, Julia, Olivia, Paige, Kristin, Kristine, Sam, Sam, Sara, Scott, Shawn, Susan, Toshi, Tom and all members of The Department of Biological Structure) for all the great support especially over the last year. Special thanks goes to Kristin for her kind ongoing support. And Tom – I hope you know how much I learned from you, how much fun I had being part of Reh lab – it was tough to leave!

NewImage.jpg


Last but not least we left behind our dearest early morning friends- hummingbirds - that would share breakfast with us at the window.

And most importantly I like to hug and thank all my friends and colleagues in Seattle. I really do miss you – it has been a wonderful time! Thanks to the Reh lab for all the great support especially over the last year. Special thanks goes to Kristin for her kind ongoing support. And Tom – I hope you know how much I learned from you, how much fun I had being part of Reh lab – it was tough to leave!









 

No comments: