AFER AWARD 2009


A THANK YOU NOTE.....

April 2009 - it blew my mind when I was informed to receive the ARVO-AFER Merck award form my work on the „Stimulation of Regeneration in the Mouse Retina“. The award was presented to me Sunday, May 3 during the Keynote session of the ARVO conference in Florida.
This is a thank you note to all the members of the Reh lab, friends, family and all the members of AFER/ARVO. There is a lot to be grateful about that I like to share. Not only because of the award I received – this is a special opportunity to say that I truly enjoy your participation in my live, fate and luck. Being far away from friends and family takes a lot of understanding and patience to maintain contact either due to a huge physical distance (the flying distance from our former home town Hamburg in Germany to Seattle is 9336 kilometers, 9 hour time difference) or because my mind and body were immerged in experiments and scientific thoughts (another 11pm time slot on the microscope). A special thanks goes to Mel – love of my life. And I am very happy that I have such great friends with big hearts and received not only a weekly email from my mum :)
In 2005 I started my postdoc work in Tom Rehs lab Seattle. The Reh lab is a wonderful environment with great colleagues. I was very luckily to have the chance to be part of it. Thanks to Brian, Byron, Branden, Christa, Christina, Deepak, Jenny, Joe, Jule, Julia, Melanie, Olivia, Paige, Kristin, Kristine, Sam, Sam, Sara, Scott, Shawn, Susan, Toshi, Tom and all members of The Department of Biological Structure – with a particular thanks to Rachel Wongs lab. And a special thanks goes to Tom Reh, who infused my environment with the right amount of optimism, criticism, activity, scientific challenges and solutions. He is truly inspirational.
Once again I thank all of you! No award without you - without you an award is worth nothing.

Related Links:

No comments: